Tortas de Camaron
Ingredients1 h servings 145
- Soak ancho chilies in a bowl of warm water until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk eggs and shrimp powder together in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; pour egg mixture into small 2-inch circles in the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining egg mixture.
- Blend ancho chilies, onion, garlic, and water in a blender until smooth. Add more water if needed to make a soup consistency. Pour chile mixture into a pot over medium heat; add chicken bouillon and egg patties. Cook and stir until bouillon is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Add nopales, reduce heat to low, and cook until soup is heated through, about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
- Editor's Notes:
- Ground dried shrimp (Camaron Molido) can be found in the Mexican spice aisle in some supermarkets, as well as specialty markets and online.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 145 calories; 9.4 7.5 9.3 193 387 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is a very good start!! I second using fresh nopales. We don't use water to boil our nopales. We just stick them in a cast iron pot (chopped up) and bury garlic cloves and onion pieces in th...
Just a quick tip, after stem and seeds are removed from ancho chiles place them into a bowl of hot water, cover and let set until chiles are soft. About 5 minutes. Then add them to the blender...
I also make this for my husband who is from Mexico. Instead of using the jared nopales, use fresh. Its a lil more time consuming but the flavor is 1000% better. Most Hispanic stores carry these ...