Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 390 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch pie)
- Move a rack to the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir gingersnap crumbs with light brown sugar and melted butter in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake the crust on the center rack of the preheated oven just until set, 3 to 4 minutes. Baking too long will make the crust hard to cut. Remove the crust and let cool.
- Stir cornstarch and water in a saucepan until smoothly mixed; add sugar and 1 1/2 cups blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until the blueberry sauce is thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 1/2 cups blueberries and lemon juice.
- Pour filling into the gingersnap crust and refrigerate until chilled and set, at least 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- For 6 cups of blueberries, double the cornstarch, liquid and sugar. If using frozen blueberries, drain the juice and use in place of water.
Per Serving: 390 calories; 16.8 g fat; 60.5 g carbohydrates; 1.9 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 197 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This recipe is great!! I am rating it with 4 stars, since I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I used graham crackers for the crust, and substituted 1 cup of raspberries for 1 of the cups of blue...