Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 5 m servings 767
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 whole chicken)
- Rub chicken with 1/4 cup kosher salt, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Mix short-grain rice, peanuts, apricots, and ginger together in a bowl; stuff the rice mixture into the chicken cavity. Tie legs together with a piece of kitchen twine.
- Pour chicken broth and water into a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Place chicken into the boiling mixture, breast side down; drop tea bags into the liquid. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer chicken for 45 minutes, turning chicken over in the broth after 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from broth, transfer rice stuffing to a bowl, and cut chicken into quarters. Discard tea bags; strain broth, reserving any rice. Stir in soy sauce to taste and season to taste with salt. Serve chicken on a platter garnished with cilantro, with broth and rice stuffing on the side.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of kosher salt. Most of the salt is rinsed away and the actual amount of salt consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 767 calories; 41.5 52.1 47.2 102 9626 Full nutrition