Farm Share Quiche
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 506
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in melted butter until soft, about 7 minutes; transfer to large bowl.
- Blend eggs, milk, Jarlsberg cheese, and Parmesan cheese in a food processor or blender; pour into bowl with the onion. Add chard, thyme, nutmeg, salt, and black pepper; mix. Pour egg mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can make this crustless or into a finger food by omitting the crust and pouring the filling into muffin tins or individual ramekins instead of the pie plate.
- We've tried half Swiss chard and half beet greens when short on Swiss chard.
Per Serving: 506 calories; 34.1 29.7 20.6 134 627 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
This was delicious, but we did a few variations. We used different cheese and also a few other veggies mixed in, as well as homemade pie crust. Great way to use Swiss chard or kale!
The flavors were fine, but 2 bunches of chard was far too much filling for one crust. Also, a crucial step is missing in the directions. The chard absolutely MUST be sauteed and drained before...
This is my go-to quiche recipe. It's simple ingredient list and delicious taste is a favorite at our house. Sometimes I'll substitute fresh spinach for the Swiss chard, depending on what I hav...
Made it with a combo of Swiss Chard, kale and spinach, fresh from my garden. So easy...I didn't have Jarlsburg cheese, but I did have medium sharp and extra sharp cheddar cheese. I used a deep...