Maple Cannellini Bean Salad with Baby Broccoli and Butternut Squash
Ingredients1 h servings 181 cals
- Heat cannellini beans on low heat in a saucepan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in red onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon maple syrup; reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking and stirring until the onion is very tender and dark brown, about 15 minutes more. Remove from skillet and add to beans.
- Heat 1 more tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash; cook and stir until tender, about 8 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon maple syrup; cook and stir to coat, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and add squash to bean mixture.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add baby broccoli; cook and stir until tender and bright green, about 7 minutes. Add broccoli to bean mixture.
- Pour chicken stock into bean mixture, increase heat to medium-low, and stir remaining 1 tablespoon maple syrup and thyme to the mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook until heated through, stirring gently to combine. Top with crumbled bacon before serving.
Per Serving: 181 calories; 7 g fat; 23.8 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 4 mg cholesterol; 323 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I submitted this recipe, and my family and I love it. Feel free to leave the bacon off for a vegetarian side. *Step 3 should read to cook the butternut squash UNTIL tender.....Enjoy!
This was lovely! Add some crushed red pepper for a bit of that sweet/spicy kick. Will certainly make again
Not worth the trouble it took to make it. The maple flavor needed some balance. Will not make again.
I just made this and it is pretty good. I used 1 large diced carrot because I did not have squash. I also used a leek instead of onion. Quick, easy and very tasty.