Curry Root Vegetable Pot Pie
Ingredients1 h servings 518
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place sweet potato, red potatoes, parsnips, and carrots in a roasting pan. Toss with olive oil; season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast sweet potato mixture in the preheated oven until vegetables are slightly softened, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion until slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add sweet potato mixture and 2 more tablespoons butter; season with salt and black pepper. Cook and stir until butter is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat vegetable broth and milk together in a separate saucepan over medium heat until mixture is almost at a boil.
- Stir flour and curry powder into sweet potato mixture until evenly coated. Gradually pour broth mixture into sweet potato mixture; stir until liquid is thickened, about 3 minutes. Divide mixture among four pot pie dishes. Top each with a puff pastry square.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pastry is golden brown and puffed, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 518 calories; 31.6 52.5 7.4 13 356 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
I made my own pie crust instead of the puff pastry. I roasted the veggies and heated the stock and milk as described. Then I made a roux with the butter and flour and added curry and onions. ...
We loved this recipe! It came out wonderful. I didn't skin red potatoes and the skin was actually quite delicious in the pot pie - i added some cayenne and used red onions, I added some seared c...
I've made this twice now, both times using regular pie crust instead of puff pastry. The first time I used coconut milk and my family rated it 4 stars. The second time, I used regular milk as th...
I love this recipe! The flavor is amazing and I love using parsnips in a way that everyone in the family loves. :) My only substitutions were all to make the recipe dairy free (butter, milk) ...
Just finished and thought it was so delicious! I had a similar pie at a restaurant and wanted to recreate it at home- I think it was a complete success. I made a few modifications, must notably ...
Very simple, adaptable recipe that tastes really good. I should have thickened the sauce a bit more, had some messy spillover in the oven. Used a simple Bisquick batter over top instead of filo,...
Delicious and easy! I sauteed some onions and added it to the veggie mix. Loved this recipe.