Curry Root Vegetable Pot Pie
Ingredients1 h servings 518
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place sweet potato, red potatoes, parsnips, and carrots in a roasting pan. Toss with olive oil; season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast sweet potato mixture in the preheated oven until vegetables are slightly softened, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pot over medium heat; cook and stir onion until slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add sweet potato mixture and 2 more tablespoons butter; season with salt and black pepper. Cook and stir until butter is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat vegetable broth and milk together in a separate saucepan over medium heat until mixture is almost at a boil.
- Stir flour and curry powder into sweet potato mixture until evenly coated. Gradually pour broth mixture into sweet potato mixture; stir until liquid is thickened, about 3 minutes. Divide mixture among four pot pie dishes. Top each with a puff pastry square.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pastry is golden brown and puffed, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 518 calories; 31.6 52.5 7.4 13 356 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
I made my own pie crust instead of the puff pastry. I roasted the veggies and heated the stock and milk as described. Then I made a roux with the butter and flour and added curry and onions. ...
We loved this recipe! It came out wonderful. I didn't skin red potatoes and the skin was actually quite delicious in the pot pie - i added some cayenne and used red onions, I added some seared c...
Just finished and thought it was so delicious! I had a similar pie at a restaurant and wanted to recreate it at home- I think it was a complete success. I made a few modifications, must notably ...
Very simple, adaptable recipe that tastes really good. I should have thickened the sauce a bit more, had some messy spillover in the oven. Used a simple Bisquick batter over top instead of filo,...
Delicious and easy! I sauteed some onions and added it to the veggie mix. Loved this recipe.
I've made this twice now, both times using regular pie crust instead of puff pastry. The first time I used coconut milk and my family rated it 4 stars. The second time, I used regular milk as th...
I love this recipe! The flavor is amazing and I love using parsnips in a way that everyone in the family loves. :) My only substitutions were all to make the recipe dairy free (butter, milk) ...