Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 1345
- Place flounder fillets in a small glass dish. Mix lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and paprika in a small bowl; pour over flounder fillets. Cover dish with plastic wrap and marinate flounder in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Mix flour, dill weed, and cayenne pepper together on a piece of waxed paper.
- Beat egg and water together in a wide bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Gently press the flounder fillets into the flour mixture to coat; shake to remove excess flour. Dip into the beaten egg to coat and immediately return to the flour mixture to coat.
- Fry flounder in hot oil until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes per side.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 1345 calories; 123.5 37.4 25.3 153 203 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
We really liked this dish and plan to have it often. I was afraid that the spices would overwhelm it but they turned out to be perfectly balanced. The only thing we thought it lacked was salt,...
This is very easy to make and has a great flavor. . I followed the recipe exactly, the only tweak I'll make next time is a pinch of salt.
This was delicious! I substituted black pepper instead of cayenne because my kids would be eating it. Still turned out very flavorful. I even was a bit short on the marinade cuz I had over a po...
Was very pleased with this recipe! I did add salt to the flour. It may have been a bit bland without it. My son did not like the’fruity’ taste the lemon gave it but he’s just a kid lol. I will m...
It was very flavorful! I used Cod . I replaced the dill with oregano. I also used a half flour half breadcrumb mix. I will make this again and again!
This was my first time fying anything this was the best recipe I could find simply and easy love it and my family wants me to make it again thanks for the recipe