Ingredients45 m servings 415 cals
- Soak raisins in 1 cup warm water in a bowl while you complete remaining steps.
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic until onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder, cumin, cilantro, and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in vegetable broth, garbanzo beans, and quinoa. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low heat, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain raisins. Lightly toss quinoa mixture with raisins, roasted red peppers, and toasted almonds. Season with salt.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 415 calories; 11.8 g fat; 67.1 g carbohydrates; 12.9 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 842 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 33
Hubby and I both enjoyed this recipe. Very nice blend of spices. I used two cloves of garlic for added flavor. I didn't have raisins, so I used currants and they worked very well. I suggest usi...
Outstanding flavors. After the allotted time there was extra liquid as mentioned by another reviewer, I left the pot on med-low with the lid off and evaporated the extra, stirring a few times. ...
I really liked this recipe. My kids thought it was ok. Next time to make it more kid friendly I will use dried cherries and sunflower seeds instead of raisins and nuts. I also sauteed bell peppe...
This is so much better than I could have imagined. I used water because I didn't have broth, bottled roasted peppers and frozen cilantro. I also added a large sliced portabello mushroom to the o...
This was delicious! I didn't have a few ingredients like the cilantro, ginger, or almonds, but it was delicious either way!
This is the first dish with quinoa I've made. Only change was to halve the recipe to 2 servings (these were generous, as a side could have been 3 to 4) add chopped mushrooms to saute, used dri...
Made it just like it says, and it turned out amazing! Think I might add a few more peppers and raisins next time.
different way to eat quinoa but you have to like curry. my 2 year old liked it, 5 year old did not. I thought it was pretty yummy. followed recipe exactly.