Primal Chicken Cordon Bleu
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 687
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Cut chickens into wings, drumsticks, thighs, and breast portions. Split breasts down the middle and debone the 4 breast halves. Pound breasts to about 1/4-inch thickness. Place chicken drumsticks, thighs, and wings into prepared baking dish in a single layer, placing chicken pieces as close together as possible. Layer ham, then Swiss cheese over the chicken legs, thighs, and wings. Lay the breasts on top.
- Mix together almond meal and olive oil in a bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over top of breasts.
- Bake in oven until a thermometer reads 165 degrees F (75 degrees C) in the center of the the thickest part of a thigh, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- This will have bones, but the taste is great. Remember that this, being primal, doesn't have as much of the salt or processing and might taste a little blander than usual. You can add 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt if you find it not salty enough.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 687 calories; 44.1 2.2 66.2 207 467 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1