Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 1500 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Season catfish with Cajun seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Refrigerate fillets 1 to 3 hours.
- Mix saltine crackers and almonds in a large, wide bowl. Stir milk, beaten eggs, and garlic together in a separate bowl.
- Soak the catfish fillets in the milk mixture for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Gently press the catfish fillets into the cracker mixture to coat completely; shake to remove any loose breading.
- Fry fillets in hot peanut oil until cooked through and floats atop the oil, about 5 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 1500 calories; 137.8 g fat; 36.2 g carbohydrates; 32.2 g protein; 159 mg cholesterol; 1070 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1