Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 339 cals
- Place one egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion and celery until the onions are translucent; remove and let cool. In a mixing bowl combine the cooled onion mixture with crabmeat. Mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove crab mixture from refrigerator and add hard cooked egg and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour milk into a separate bowl. Dip the bread slices, one at a time, quickly into the milk and squeeze most of it out. Add soaked bread to the crab mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a wide shallow bowl, beat the 3 eggs. Place bread crumbs in a separate bowl. Remove crab mixture from refrigerator, shape into hamburger shaped patties. Dip each one into the beaten egg and then into the bread crumbs, coating well.
- In a medium skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat and fry crab cakes until they are a nice golden brown.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 339 calories; 15.2 g fat; 32.7 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 107 mg cholesterol; 513 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Too much filler(bread,hard boiled eggs)lost the taste of the crabcake.
These are amazing! Following the directions precisely, they came out crunchy on the outside and delicate on the inside, like pillows! As a comment in response to the review that said there was t...
I have made these crab cakes twice and both times my family and guests have loved them! Thanks for such a great recipe.
Excellent! I made this for Christmas dinner and my family loved it. I used the claw meat and it was very tasty. I actually added a little extra bread because the cakes were falling apart! They...