Ingredients7 d 1 h 25 m servings 1106 cals
- In a Dutch oven, combine beef and apple cider. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes, or until meat is tender. Remove meat and coarsely chop, then return it to the pot.
- Stir in chopped apples, sugar, currants, raisins, citrus peel, butter and cherry preserves. Add ginger, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt. Let simmer, uncovered, over low heat until mixture is very thick, about 90 minutes. Stir in cherries and remove from heat.
- Refrigerate tightly covered for at least a week before using.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Put filling in unbaked pie shell and place pastry on top. Crimp edges and poke several holes in top pastry. Brush top with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 1106 calories; 37.5 g fat; 181.2 g carbohydrates; 20.7 g protein; 80 mg cholesterol; 521 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
My son now refuses to come home from college for these holidays unless he gets this pie. For both Thanksgiving and Christmas. And I send him back with mini-pies (using giant muffin foil tins a...
I have been using this recipe for about 7 years now. Each time I use this recipe, it gets better each year. I don't think I have ever had a complaint. My success in this recipe is, instead of le...
I am not one to eat mincemeat pie, but my father does. He loves mincemeat pie. I tried this recipe and told him he was my guinnea pig, because I don't usually do any baking (from scratch or ot...
This is an excellent recipe, although it seems to make more than one pie, and it certainly takes longer than 40 minutes as stated on the side. The preparation times within the recipe are accura...
I ended up making the candied orange and lemon peelfrom scratch (other stuff full of chemicals). I saved the orange syrup and added 1/2 cup to the mincemeat mixture then reduced the white sugar ...
My husband loves mincemeat pies. I cannot even stomach the thought of one, and almost gagged when I opened a store bought jar of the stuff. I found this recipe and decided to try it. I followed ...
I don't know much about mincemeat pie, but I do have to say this recipe was scrumptious!
I have a questions about this pie before making/rating it; hopefully, someone knows the answer. The recipe says to make the mincemeat several weeks in advance and a couple reviewers said they d...