Ingredients55 m servings 570 cals
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a casserole dish.
- Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and mash. Measure 3 cups mashed sweet potato and transfer to a large bowl.
- Beat sweet potatoes, brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract together with an electric hand mixer in a bowl until smooth and creamy; pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Pour 1/3 cup melted butter over pecans in a bowl; stir to coat. Add flour; stir until combined. Sprinkle pecan mixture over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- The best and most inexpensive place to buy the pecans is Costco. They are so expensive at Jewel.
Per Serving: 570 calories; 40.8 g fat; 47.9 g carbohydrates; 6.6 g protein; 131 mg cholesterol; 262 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 11
This is an awesome recipe. The only difference is I added 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg to the mixture. This was GREAT and tasted like something from a high end restaurant.
Creamy deliciousness with a nice pecan crunch. I used half the amount of sugar and it was perfect for us.
Love this! Since I'm allergic to nuts, I topped mine with mini marshmallows! #ToDieFor
I don't like nuts so i left them off, but man oh man are these potatoes good! Even without the nuts! And soooo easy! I prepared the whole thing the night before and baked it today. Perfect!
Since I have bad arthritis in my hands I bake potatos instead as they are to hard for me to peel. Have made this for years with just that one change.
Very very forgiving recipe. I can't use egg (allergy) and did a flax substitute. (Soak 1 TB flax seed in 3 TB water for 5 min, blend until smooth for 1 large egg.) Forgot the vanilla and milk. O...
I have always loved my mother's sweet potatoes, but they will no longer be served, because this recipe is the best I've EVER tasted! Thank you for such an easy, forgiving recipe that my whole f...