The Labor Day Burger
The Bachelor Chef
Ingredients1 h servings 1261
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned but not totally crisp, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Retain 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and retained bacon drippings in a bowl until thoroughly combined; divide meat mixture into 4 equal portions. Form each portion into a large patty, making them as thin as possible. Sprinkle shredded Colby-Jack cheese onto 2 of the patties, leaving an edge about 3/4 inch wide uncovered. Place second patty onto the cheese and press the edges of the patties together to create 2 cheese-stuffed burgers. Place stuffed patties into freezer to chill slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Spray the grill grate with cooking spray and place burgers onto grill; turn heat to low, place lid over grill, and cook until outsides of burgers are lightly charred and cheese has melted, about 10 minutes per side. Maintain grill temperature at about 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Use a spray bottle of water to control flames; flames should just lightly contact the bottoms of the burgers to create a slight char. After the first flip, place 3 partially-cooked bacon slices onto each burger.
- About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place a Colby-Jack cheese slice onto each burger; top with tomato and avocado slices and transfer burgers to plate to rest for 1 or 2 minutes. Serve burgers on hamburger buns.
Per Serving: 1261 calories; 75.9 68.1 74.4 239 1897 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 15
Well, the hubby went nuts over this burger...even enjoying the avocado! FYI, there are three of us and I was able to get 3 burgers out of a pound of beef and they were huge! I can't imagine how ...
This is one hell of a burger! Flavors are wonderful. It's a rare treat because of the size and richness but perfect for our Labor Day bbq. I made 8 burgers and it was a bit challenging puttin...
I love the kick this recipe adds. I personally don't like 'filler' in my burgers, so I left out the bread crumbs and added an egg to help hold the patties together. I cut the bacon grease in hal...
My husband doesn't eat red pepper flakes, so I left them out. Since I was using ground round and bacon that was precooked, I just crunched some of the bacon (which I finished cooking, but didn'...
I made these according to the directions and they were very tasty, perfect for a special grill out meal! I will say that the burger shapes were a bit deformed bc I think my patties were too thi...
OH my goodness. WE have had a lot of five star burgers in restaurants where we have paid a lot of dollars for the claim of "best burger" WOW. This is at least one of the best burgers we have eve...