Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 484
- Cook and stir bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until bacon is translucent and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes; stir in onion and continue cooking and stirring until bacon is browned and sweet onion is translucent, about 5 more minutes.
- Mix 1/2 cup ketchup, 2 tablespoons chili powder, 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, cumin, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Mix in ground sirloin, bacon-onion mixture, Cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, eggs, and bread crumbs until thoroughly combined. Form the mixture into a loaf shape and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Place loaf into the prepared baking dish. Mix 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1 teaspoon ground ancho chile in a bowl. Spread the mixture over the loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the loaf is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
Per Serving: 484 calories; 27.4 24 35.5 152 1349 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
This was excellent! i didn't have ancho chile so I put in some captain morgan hot sauce. I followed everything else exactly skipping the sauce on the top! We'll definitely make this again... Not...
This was very good. I did have to change a few things. I didn't have any ancho chili powder so I used a little bit of adobo sauce in the meatloaf and the topping. The amounts are right on and I ...
We are meat loaf fans, so not easy to please - but - this recipe was great!!!
I used half pork and half beef, and subbed some cayenne for the ancho chili. It was spicy, swimming in grease, and so delicious!
The only problem I had with this is the high temperature -- 425 degrees? The sauce burned and was not edible. The meatloaf was salvageable after we scraped it off (it had to be chipped off in ...