Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 696
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Roll 1 can of crescent rolls out on a cutting board. Make one single piece of dough by rolling the dough with a rolling pin to a 9x13-inch rectangle; make sure the seams don't separate. Repeat with remaining can of crescent rolls. Set 1 dough sheet atop the other to make a double crust.
- Mix 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, crushed walnuts, and diced apples in a bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the dough.
- Roll the dough lengthwise, so you end up with a long tube. Cut into 1-inch slices. Place the rolls into prepared dish facing up.
- Melt butter with 1 1/2 cup white sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves completely, about 5 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and whisk citrus-flavored soda into the butter mixture; pour over cinnamon rolls.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and no longer doughy in the middle, about 30 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly, 5 to 10 minutes. Flip the rolls out of the baking dish onto baking sheet and allow the sticky sauce to drip over the rolls.
Per Serving: 696 calories; 37.5 87.3 4.9 61 613 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I made these exactly as the recipe said. They taste delicious and I will try them again! My only issue was that the liquid poured over the top didn't all soak in so they were soggy on the bottom...
I did not have any Mountain Dew, but I did find a can of grapefruit beer in the fridge. It worked rather well and the buns disappeared in seconds. Yum