Peachie Peach Pecan Nut Bread
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 203 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 5x9-inch loaf pan.
- Beat sugar and butter together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until light and fluffy. Stir in peach puree. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and almond extract; stir until blended. Fold in pecans. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool bread in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Cook's Note:
- Place 6 to 8 fresh peaches in a blender or food processor to make about 2 1/2 cups peach puree.
- To use canned peaches, drain 3 small cans of peaches and puree in blender or food processor. Total of 2 1/4 cups.
Per Serving: 203 calories; 10.1 g fat; 26.6 g carbohydrates; 2.6 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 157 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
Try it! I had a slightly smaller loaf pan so I made a loaf and muffins. The peaches I had were large so I only needed 4. It had the perfect amount of nuts and the texture/moisture was very nice....
Decent bread, nice and moist too. I upped the cinnamon to 1.5tsp and would have preferred chunks of peaches in the bread vs. using all puree.
This was FANTASTIC! I'll definitely be making this again. I used a can of peaches and chopped them up and it was super moist. Made this for work and people were raving about it??
I had a freezer-full of frozen peaches from last year's harvest, and have begun my holiday baking. This looked like a practical and simple recipe to make, so I used it. I made a double batch, fo...
I added a teaspoon of nutmeg and a little more almond extract. It is pretty moist and what is interesting is that you don't get full flavor until after the first bite. Great bread!