Vegetarian Lettuce Wraps
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 132
Original recipe yields 4 servings (8 wraps )
- Roast peanuts in a skillet over high heat, stirring frequently until brown, reducing heat to medium if necessary, about 5 minutes; set aside to cool. In a food processor, grind peanuts into a coarse powder.
- Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium heat; add tofu and season with salt to taste. Turn tofu frequently until all sides are brown, 8 to 10 minutes; remove from heat. Pat tofu dry with a paper towel and allow to cool, about 5 minutes.
- Combine cucumber, radish, tomato, water chestnuts, soy sauce, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Add tofu and peanut powder just before serving.
- Arrange lettuce leaves around the edge of a large platter and mound tofu filling in the center. To eat, spoon 1 or 2 tablespoons tofu mixture into the center of a leaf and wrap lettuce around filling like a burrito.
- Cook's Note:
- You may substitute paneer for tofu.
Per Serving: 132 calories; 5.9 14.5 8.4 0 692 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I altered the recipe a bit and added garlic sauce to make it a bit spicier. Yummy!
I added sriracha sauce and next time I'll use more peanuts. Yum