Healthier Penne Rosa with Chicken
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 612 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, but still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook and stir until garlic begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach; cover and let stand until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Pour marinara sauce into a separate saucepan over medium heat. Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Transfer 1/2 the sauce into a bowl; stir in yogurt. Whisk mixture into the rest of the marinara in the saucepan.
- Uncover tomatoes and spinach and place back over low heat. Stir in penne, sauce, and basil; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Divide penne into bowls and serve topped with chicken and Parmesan cheese.
Per Serving: 612 calories; 13.7 g fat; 81.1 g carbohydrates; 43.8 g protein; 70 mg cholesterol; 719 mg sodium. Full nutrition