Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 121
Original recipe yields 36 servings (3 dozen cookies)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Beat eggs and brown sugar together in a large bowl until smooth. Stir anise seed and salt into the egg mixture.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water; stir into the egg mixture. Add flour and mix into a dough. Form into 36 small balls.
- Spread white sugar into a wide, shallow dish. Roll the cookie dough balls in the sugar to coat. Arrange onto prepared baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges are crispy, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 121 calories; 0.6 26.8 2.2 16 77 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
The dough was very dry and I had to smash the balls a little to make them flatten. But they are not dry in the end. They have great flavor and are very chewy in the middle with a crunchy outside...