Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients9 h 30 m servings 154 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Combine turbinado sugar and gelatin together in a large saucepan; add coconut milk and rice milk. Cook and stir milk mixture over medium heat until almost boiling and sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Scoop about 1/2 cup hot milk mixture into a bowl with the beaten egg yolks; whisk together. Slowly pour egg mixture back into the saucepan, stirring constantly. Lower heat to medium-low to avoid curdling; cook and stir until mixture is smooth, about 3 minutes; do not boil. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Place strawberries in a blender and pulse several times to chop before leaving it on to puree.
- Stir strawberry puree and vanilla extract into milk mixture. Refrigerate until very cold, 8 to 48 hours. Pour chilled strawberry mixture into a 4-quart ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions.
- Editor's Note:
- Place about 2 cups fresh strawberries in a blender to make about 1 cup strawberry puree.
Per Serving: 154 calories; 8.7 g fat; 18 g carbohydrates; 2.2 g protein; 68 mg cholesterol; 21 mg sodium. Full nutrition