Ingredients1 h servings 623
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place walleye fillets in a baking dish, pour in wine, and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 minutes. Allow the fish to cool and break it into large chunks. Set aside.
- Mix carrot, red onion, celery, panko crumbs, 2 cups mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, and 1 teaspoon salt in a bowl until well blended. Add the walleye, mixing gently so the chunks of fish don't break apart. Shape the mixture into 12 patties.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Fry the patties until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Whisk lemon juice and fresh dill into 1 cup mayonnaise in a bowl. Drizzle the sauce over the walleye cakes and serve.
Per Serving: 623 calories; 48 29 26.4 65 869 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I've made fish cakes with carrots in them before and they make them too sweet for our taste so I left them out. I really liked this recipe and it was a nice way to change up the walleye fillets ...
made a half batch , excellent flavor, but they all but one fell apart in the pan while browning. In all fairness i think i caused them to fall apart by using too much oil in the pan as if i wa...
Turned out great, I used Shore Lunch instead of bread crumbs however.