Ingredients35 m servings 297
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil.
- Place four pieces of bacon in the baking dish and top with walleye fillets. Arrange about 1/4 of the onion slices over the fish. Drizzle with melted butter and honey; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover the pan with foil and bake in the preheated oven for until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, chop up the remaining bacon slices and place them in a skillet with the rest of the onion. Cook and stir over medium heat until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking and stirring until the onion is very tender and golden brown and the bacon is crisp, about 15 minutes more.
- Serve each walleye fillet with bacon and onions.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 297 calories; 12.7 14 31.4 93 436 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Easy and very tasty. Followed the recipe exactly. Recommend spiralized zuchini as a side!
I used an onion and green/red pepper blend. It actually works. I was skepical about this with the honey but did it pretty much as written. I would make this again when wanting a change from pan...
We received a large bag of fresh walleye from a friend. Our family preferred this recipe to the others we tried. I cooked this in a cast iron skillet in the oven. I served sautéed onions on t...