Ingredients45 m servings 439 cals
- Heat 1/8 inch of vegetable oil in two large cast-iron or heavy-duty frying pans over medium-high heat.
- Arrange three separate pie plates or shallow bowls for breading the fish. Combine flour, salt and pepper in one bowl, milk and eggs in another, and bread crumbs in the third bowl.
- Coat each fillet in the flour mixture, then dredge them in egg wash, then coat them well with bread crumbs.
- Place 4 fillets in each frying pan. Cook until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 439 calories; 16.1 g fat; 33.1 g carbohydrates; 38.2 g protein; 184 mg cholesterol; 775 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Flavor was great, however I did use a cast iron pan and put it at the temp listed but because cast iron pans are great heat conductors the fish burned slightly. Next time I'll know better. Many ...
This was super helpful, thank you! I've been looking for a skillet fish recipe where the breading didn't slide off and this was it! I changed pretty much every ingredient to suit my gluten-free ...