Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 426 cals
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper; grease and flour the pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk yogurt, agave nectar, eggs, blood orange zest, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl until smooth. Pour yogurt mixture into flour mixture; stir to combine. Fold olive oil into batter until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Whisk 1/4 cup blood orange juice and turbinado sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat; simmer until sugar dissolves, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour over warm cake to absorb juice. Cool cake completely, 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Whisk confectioners' sugar with 2 tablespoons blood orange juice to make the glaze. Pour over cooled cake.
Per Serving: 426 calories; 18.6 g fat; 59.6 g carbohydrates; 6.4 g protein; 75 mg cholesterol; 286 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is wonderful! I guess some could say that it's more of a quick bread than an actual cake, but that doesn't change the fact that it tastes great! I did have to make a few changes (simply due...
This was quite the experiment for me! It was a very rich, dense cake, but my husband and I really enjoyed it! I subbed honey for agave and it gave a nice accent to the citrus.