Grilled Chicken with Spicy Mango Glaze
Ken from CA
Ingredients3 h 25 m servings 718
- Cut chicken leg quarters at the joint without cutting all the way through. Arrange chicken on a baking dish.
- Mix New Mexico chile powder, ancho chile powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, kosher salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub chile powder mixture over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Coat chicken with olive oil.
- Bake in preheated oven until browned, about 45 minutes. Chicken will not be cooked through.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Heat mango nectar, rum, orange juice, lime juice, honey, and chile paste in a skillet over medium-high heat. Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes. Brush mango glaze over chicken legs.
- Grill chicken on preheated grill until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 10 to 15 more minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 718 calories; 38.3 24 59.9 210 952 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made this a while ago and it was very good, I thought it would be too sweet but, it came out to be the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. I used some of the garlic chile paste that I had left...
This was excellent. It's spicy but not too spicy. I didn't have ancho chile, so used NM chile powder. I had whole chicken breasts, and after marinating in the rub for an hour, I wrapped them in ...
This recipe is fantastic!!! But no need for another pan to clean, and flavor to go to waste...I grilled it the entire time of cook over charcoal. I wouldn't recommend gas as the direct flame c...
Very, very good. Finished this off by bringing the marinade to a boil and thickening with a corn starch slurry to make a sauce to serve with.