Dry Rub Beef Brisket
Ingredients5 h 15 m servings 405
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Place the brisket in a glass baking dish, fatty-side down.
- Mix Montreal steak seasoning and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl; rub over the brisket firmly to press into the meat. Flip the brisket and continue seasoning the fatty side.
- Stir beef stock, lemon juice, and liquid smoke together in the bowl; drizzle over the seasoned brisket. Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven to your desired degree of doneness, or an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (65 degrees C) for medium, about 5 hours. Remove from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and allow to rest in a warm area 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
Per Serving: 405 calories; 32.9 2.1 23.7 93 891 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Added about a tablespoon of Seasoning salt. Had a 12 lb. brisket. Took off the heavy fat areas. Use my knife and plunged it into the meat on the fat side to allow the rub to penetrate more. ...
Loved this! The meat came out super moist, tender and flavorful...I will def be making this again~YUM! Thanks for sharing. :)
A little warmer than I would have liked, but did not take away from the taste. I over cooked it a little. I suggest checking temp every hour after about three hours.