Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 688 cals
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Place shredded cucumber in a fine mesh sieve and press out excess liquid; allow to drain for 15 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, 2 cloves minced garlic, shredded cucumber, dill, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside in the refrigerator to chill.
- Place chicken in a bowl and add the oregano, 2 cloves minced garlic, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; stir thoroughly and set aside in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Combine tomatoes, diced cucumber, onion, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Skewer the marinated chicken.
- Grill the chicken skewers, squeezing with juice from 1/2 a lemon while cooking, until browned and no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Heat the pita bread on the grill until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Top each heated pita bread round with chicken from 1 skewer, 1 to 2 spoonfuls of yogurt sauce, and tomato salad. Top with feta cheese slices.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 688 calories; 31 g fat; 70.1 g carbohydrates; 31.9 g protein; 77 mg cholesterol; 944 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Very good! Thanks for sharing! Reviewed First Faceless frenzy Western Division 2012
I made this last night with the highly rated Naan recipe on this site and threw everything on the grill. It took a while to make but was phenomenal! My husband thought it was better than our f...
My husband wouldn't stop talking about how much he liked this recipe. It is very good! a lot of steps and a tad time consuming to make but the components can be made in advance to make dinner ...
We make this all the time and love it! I grill with bell pepper and onion on the skewers and we eat on pitas with hummus and tzatziki usually, but sometimes just make the chicken. It's simple,...
Great way to use up chicken and peppers (after I've loaded up at Costco). Healthy, fresh, easy. The leftovers make a great filling for a pita bread sandwich.