Second Baby Food: Carrots and Broccoli
Brenda Michelle Ratliff
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 22 cals
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add carrots and broccoli, cover, and steam until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Place carrots, broccoli, breast milk, and water in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any lumps.
- Spread carrot-broccoli mixture into an ice cube tray, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze until solid, 2 to 3 hours. Transfer frozen cubes to a resealable plastic bag and store in the freezer.
- To serve, heat cubes in the microwave until warm but not hot, about 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute formula or water for the breast milk.
- Store frozen cubes in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Per Serving: 22 calories; 0.6 g fat; 3.9 g carbohydrates; 0.7 g protein; 1 mg cholesterol; 22 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I would give it 5 stars because the carrots give it a sweet flavor that most babies like. However, 20 minutes is about half the time it takes for carrots to soften. Where as broccoli does not ta...