First Baby Food: Peas
Brenda Michelle Ratliff
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 47
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add peas, cover, and steam until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Place peas and breast milk in a blender or food processor and puree until creamy. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any lumps.
- Spread pea mixture into an ice cube tray, cover with plastic wrap and freeze until solid, 2 to 3 hours. Transfer frozen cubes to a resealable plastic bag and store in the freezer.
- To serve, heat cubes in the microwave for about 30 seconds until warm but not hot. Stir thoroughly.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute formula or water for the breast milk.
- Store frozen cubes in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Per Serving: 47 calories; 0.6 8.4 2.4 1 36 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Formula could be used instead of breast milk. Some blenders work better than others. It is ok to keep adding more liquid until you get the consistency your baby likes. If you make it too liquid...
I use this method to make all of my homemade baby food. Freezes very well! I used the cooking water instead of breast milk to thin out the peas. I just do not have that much breastmilk pumped at...