First Baby Food: Peas
Brenda Michelle Ratliff
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 47
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add peas, cover, and steam until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Place peas and breast milk in a blender or food processor and puree until creamy. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any lumps.
- Spread pea mixture into an ice cube tray, cover with plastic wrap and freeze until solid, 2 to 3 hours. Transfer frozen cubes to a resealable plastic bag and store in the freezer.
- To serve, heat cubes in the microwave for about 30 seconds until warm but not hot. Stir thoroughly.
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute formula or water for the breast milk.
- Store frozen cubes in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Per Serving: 47 calories; 0.6 8.4 2.4 1 36 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I use this method to make all of my homemade baby food. Freezes very well! I used the cooking water instead of breast milk to thin out the peas. I just do not have that much breastmilk pumped at...