Third Baby Food: Chicken, Sweet Potato and Spinach
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Brenda Michelle Ratliff
"My son loves this combination! It's good for him to get the protein from the chicken and nutrients from the spinach with the tasty goodness of the sweet potatoes (I've tried it too, it's not so bad!) Feel free to try other veggies that you have around the house too! I've used carrots or green beans with success as well. Such a time saver for busy moms and dads!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 40 m servings 72
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil; place sweet potatoes in steamer, cover, and steam until softened, about 8 minutes. Add spinach and cook until the sweet potatoes are easily mashed, about 5 minutes more.
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the cubed chicken and cook uncovered until no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes.
- Combine chicken, sweet potatoes, spinach, breast milk, and water in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
- Spread sweet potato-chicken mixture into an ice cube tray, cover with plastic wrap and freeze until solid, 2 to 3 hours. Transfer frozen cubes to a resealable plastic bag and store in the freezer.
- To serve, heat cubes in the microwave until warm but not hot, about 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can substitute formula or water for the breast milk.
- Store frozen cubes in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Per Serving: 72 calories; 1.1 8 7.4 18 45 Full nutrition