Rhubarb Curry Chicken
Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 560
- Place rhubarb and orange in a blender; blend until pureed and transfer to a saucepan. Add sugar and orange zest.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until marmalade is thickened, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes. Allow marmalade to cool; ladle into jars. Cover jars with lids and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Arrange chicken breast halves in a baking dish.
- Mix 1 cup marmalade, water, curry powder, and salt in a bowl; spoon mixture over chicken breasts.
- Bake in preheated oven until chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, basting occasionally, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Serve rhubarb sauce over chicken breasts.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marmalade ingredients. The actual amount consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 560 calories; 2.9 112.1 24.6 61 638 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I changed the recipe quite a bit, but four stars for the idea of making a chicken rhubarb curry. I added onion and fresh garlic, and fried with the chicken pieces. Added curry powder, rhubarb a...
This recipe was amazing! My husband doesn't like curry and he finished his plate and was looking for more. I did decrease the amount of sugar a little. It will definitely become a regular mea...
We were looking for a way to use up an abundance of rhubarb and stumbled across this. It's a very nice recipe, though a bit sweet for our tastes and we'd like more of a stronger orange flavor. ...
Very good! A bit sweet for me, so next time I wil try adding some garlic cloves and perhaps rosemary to kick up the savory. I may have used too mild a curry powder as well. Will make again an...
A little less sugar and I used frozen peach slices instead of orange. I also added a little dried jalapeño for a pack of punch.
It takes a while but it was SO good! I only had 1 cup of rhubarb and 1/4 of the marmelade was a perfect amount.
A perfect example of ideas other than adding lots of sugar to rhubarb making high sugar food. The chicken with the rhubarb on top was wonderful. Will definitely make it again.
I'd been looking for something to do with rhubarb that wasn't a desert. This was fantastic! It was a big hit with the family. However, I do suggest cutting the sugar in half; it's much too sweet.