Turkey Reuben Burgers
Ingredients45 m servings 728
- Combine ground turkey, garlic, thousand island dressing, and 1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs in a bowl. Do not overwork the mixture. Form into 4 patties; transfer to plate. Sprinkle with garlic salt and additional 1/4 cup bread crumbs; press crumbs into patties to adhere.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties in oil until golden brown, 7 to 10 minutes per side. Transfer to plate; top each patty with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Cook and stir onion rings in same skillet until tender, about 10 minutes, adding oil if necessary. Sprinkle with ground black pepper.
- Heat a non-stick griddle to medium heat. Lightly butter bread slices on both sides; cook on each side until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- To assemble burgers, layer turkey and cheese patties, sauerkraut, and cooked onions between bread slices.
Per Serving: 728 calories; 38.2 50.1 47.9 150 1746 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 17
I stumbled on this by accident and I am glad I did. I made this exactly as directed and everyone loved them. The 1000 island dressing in the ground turkey made the patties so moist and delicious...
As the creator of this recipe, I want to say thanks for all the positive reviews! Second, I want to add that Allrecipes did not publish this recipe exactly as I submitted it (these were suppose...
YUM! YUM!! You have SAVED us from boring turkey recipes. We have tried EVERYTHING else out there and these have brought us out of the 'turkey blues' (lol) Simply amazing. Will be a staple recipe...
OMG where have you been all my life, Reuben Turkey Burgers??!! My only changes were to speed it up and simplify even more, so I just toasted the bread and dolloped additional Thousand Island on ...
The idea is right, but it needs a bit of work to be a 5 star recipe. As a complete sandwich, the flavor is pretty good, but the meat by itself is so bland. I did not taste a bit of dressing, a...
This recipe was the greatest. My family loved it so much that we had it two nights in a row. Thanks for the winning recipe. WoW!!!!!!
had this for dinner last nite, Was yummy, Adding the dressing to the burger was a great idea..
Quick recipe to get together and very tasty! The burgers themselves didn't have a strong flavor profile, but, they were very moist and worked very well with the sauerkraut. The only thing I d...