Ingredients55 m servings 553
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Prick chicken breasts all over with a fork. Place chicken breasts, 1/4 cup olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and herb seasoning, ground black pepper, and chopped fresh dill in a bowl. Stir to coat chicken breasts completely. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade, discard marinade, and grill chicken for 10 to 15 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast reads at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Remove from grill; let stand for 5 minutes. Cut chicken breasts in half.
- Melt butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle garlic powder and salt over butter and oil. Add French bread slices to the pan and toast until golden brown on one side, about 3 minutes; remove from pan.
- For sandwich assembly, place one slice of French bread with toasted side down onto a serving plate. Spread mayonnaise on bread; top with a slice of tomato, salt and ground black pepper to taste, half a grilled chicken breast, and lettuce. Spread untoasted side of another slice of bread with mayonnaise and place on top to make a sandwich.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 553 calories; 34.1 42.6 20.3 48 637 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 18
Simple, quick and not to mention delicious! I did cut back on the oil for the marinade using about half the amount. I topped the grilled chicken with Swiss cheese, bacon, shredded lettuce, tomat...
Wonderful sandwich! I only got two sandwiches from this because my chicken pieces were small and I did not cut them in half. I didn't have Mrs Dash or alternative so I used some garlic powder an...
I gave 5 stars and have to admit I changed some of the recipe. I hate it when people do this but I only had ciabatta buns! My family weren't excited when I said we were having chicken sandwiches...
Very good. I used thighs instead of breasts. No cheese because cheese on grilled chicken seems too weird. Along with the lettuce and tomato I added pickle and onion, Quick, easy, and economical!
We LOVED this sandwich! I didn't realize I was out of Mrs. Dash seasoning until I had started the marinade so subbed Montreal Chicken Seasoning. Just great! Can't wait to try it w/Mrs Dash! The ...
It was amazing. My son said he would have paid $20 for this. Great lunch with my kid. I did marinate the chicken overnight olive like garlic dill and white wine vinegar little lemon.