Grilled Venison Scape Sandwich
"I was looking for new ways to use the fresh hard neck garlic scapes harvested from my garden and came up with this recipe. The family loved it. It's quick, easy, and nutritious. It will work for beef as well. Serve as is, or add sauce of choice (Thousand island dressing is a nice touch)."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 623
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place venison strips in a bowl; sprinkle with garlic scapes. Pour in canola oil and soy sauce; mix well. Cover bowl and let venison marinate for at least one hour.
- Preheat grill fitted with fine grate grill topper to medium heat.
- Evenly spread venison on the grill topper. Stir occasionally to evenly cook meat until no longer pink, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Warm hamburger buns on warming rack of grill. Divide venison among the buns and top with Cheddar cheese.
- Cook's Note:
- I used a grill topper with a diamond pattern. It allows the grill flavor without losing small pieces through the grate.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 623 calories; 33.8 33.1 45.7 149 1381 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1