Ingredients20 m servings 562
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place flour in a bowl. Whisk egg and milk in another bowl. Combine bread crumbs, salt, basil, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder in a third bowl.
- Gently press shrimp into flour to coat and shake off excess. Dip into egg mixture and press into bread crumbs. Gently toss between your hands so any bread crumbs that haven't stuck can fall away. Place the breaded shrimp onto a plate while breading the rest; do not stack.
- Deep fry breaded shrimp in preheated oil until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a paper towel-lined platter to drain.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary. We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 562 calories; 31.3 50.4 19.5 132 1116 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 39
These were awesome!!! They had just the right amount of seasoning, so it wasn't too salty (which is what I was afraid of). My husband said we are never ordering popcorn shrimp from a restaurant ...
Made this tonight for friends and family and I asked them to rate it. A solid 5 stars from everyone. No changes. I prepared the recipe exactly as written. Thanks so much for posting. Will d...
Very tasty fried shrimp from a very nice recipe I will save. I followed this recipe with one change to technique only. Instead of adding the seasonings to the final breading, I mixed the seasoni...
Great stuff! I substituted Panko for the bread crumbs. Gives it a wonderful crunch. Also put them on a wire rack with paper towels under it. That way they stay nice and crunchy.
This is so good! My husband and I made a few changes. We mixed the flour, bread crumbs and spices all in one bowl. We didn't have any eggs, so we dipped the shrimp in Pesto Parmesan Salad dressi...
Made this recipe for a Christmas party and everyone loved it!!!! I followed the recipe exactly as it says above and it was a huge hit! If possible - buy the shrimp already peeled to speed up the...
Excellent! A little time consuming but worth it. I didn't use the 4 cups of oil it called for. I only used 2 and it turned out great. Watch closely for it can burn easily. My 3 year old even lik...