Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients58 m servings 390
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place tomatoes in a shallow dish; crush with a potato masher or by hand.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons thyme, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, until sauce-like in consistency, about 10 minutes. Remove sauce from heat.
- Wrap chicken breasts in plastic wrap; place on a flat work surface. Firmly pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a 1/2-inch thickness.
- Combine goat cheese, green onions, 2 tablespoons thyme, and pepper in a bowl. Spread 1/4 of the mixture over the middle of each chicken breast. Roll up each chicken breast and place onto a plate, seam side-down.
- Heat butter and 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, seam side-down; cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Add the tomato sauce; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until chicken is longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 5 to 7 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Per Serving: 390 calories; 24.6 12.4 30.1 96 826 Full nutrition