Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 154 cals
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bring a small pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook kohlrabi cubes in boiling water until soft, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Cook red potatoes in microwave oven until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Beat kohlrabi, potatoes, and garlic scape together in a bowl with an electric hand mixer until smooth; transfer to a 1-quart casserole dish and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese begins to brown, about 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 154 calories; 1.8 g fat; 29.8 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g protein; 6 mg cholesterol; 76 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 18
I boiled both the kohlrabi and the potatoes, only added the potatoes after the kohlrabi had boiled for about 5 - 6 minutes. I didn't have any cheese, so I just ate them plain with some sour cre...
Very similar to Colcannon. I agree that you should boil the kohlrabi a few minutes before adding the potatoes (5 sounds good), or those pieces remain a bit crunchy and hard to mash. I added garl...
I STEAMED the potatoes (skins on = more nutrients) and kohlrabi ( the latter being in much smaller pieces so that it cooked faster reading that it takes longer) because steaming helps RETAIN MOR...
I changed the ingredients slightly and adjusted the method. Slicing the potatoes and kohlrabi equally, I added the garlic and let cook while I browned German sausage in a cast iron skillet. Th...
Wonderful way to use up kohlrabi. I didn't use enough garlic scapes and will add extra next time. The potatoes were a bit gummy, so added a little cottage cheese to help cream it up a bit. A++...
We enjoyed this, but it seemed a little bland as is. A bit of sea salt helped. Boiling the potatoes and kohlrabi in vegetable or chicken broth would probably also do it (save some of the broth...
This is very good Had made Mashed Kohlrabi and Potatoes before but not with the cheese and garlic - a real flavor enhancement. Thanks.
Wonderful recipe. I boiled kohlrabi 5 minutes then added the potatoes and boiled 15 or 20 minutes more. After mashing and adding the cheese this was awesome. No need for anything else.