Garlic Grilled Shrimp
Ingredients45 m servings 212
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Chop garlic on a cutting board. Sprinkle kosher salt over salt and with the back of a large knife, smash the garlic on the cutting board to form a paste.
- Heat garlic paste and olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat until garlic begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Skewer about 5 shrimp on each wooden skewer by piercing shrimp through the tail and the upper body. Season shrimp with kosher salt and pepper. Brush one side of the shrimp with garlic-infused olive oil.
- Place shrimp oil-side down on the preheated grill and brush with more olive oil; cook until shrimp begins to turn pink and curl, about 4 minutes. Turn shrimp over and brush with olive oil again. Continue grilling until shrimp is opaque and pink all over, about 4 minutes more.
Per Serving: 212 calories; 14.5 1.1 18.7 173 299 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These need a little help in the flavor department. Lime? paprika? seafood seasoning? Something! They were certainly easy but overall lacking in flavor.
1-30-2016 ~More often than not a great dish comes about from just a few simple, quality ingredients. Fish and seafood in particular, are best simply prepared with a light seasoning to preserve ...
Perfection...easy and great tasting. I let the oil cool and then marinated the shrimp in it until I was ready to grill, for maximum flavour. I added some freshly chopped parsley for colour.