Rock Creek Lake Fresh Strawberry Pie
Ingredients3 h 40 m servings 393
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Press pie crust pastry into a 9-inch pie pan; prick with a fork in 1-inch intervals.
- Bake pie crust in the preheated oven until golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl until smooth; spread evenly over cooled bottom of pie crust.
- Blend 1 cup strawberries, 3/4 cup sugar, strawberry juice, and cornstarch in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a 3-quart pan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Stir remaining 5 cups strawberries into the hot strawberry glaze; mix to coat. Let cool until tepid, about 25 minutes. Pour onto cream cheese layer in pie crust. Chill until set and firm enough to slice, at least 3 hours and up to 1 day.
Per Serving: 393 calories; 17.7 56.9 4.4 31 202 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Made for Recipe Group. I couldn't find strawberry juice so I added 1/2 cup of mashed berries and 3/4 cup of water. The cooked mixture thickened up nicely on the stove until the lemon juice was a...
RECIPE GROUP: Not super impressed with this pie. Fun to make! Think I used every appliance except the toaster! Used my juicer to make strawberry juice, didn't have quite enough strawberries so s...
Made this pie for RECIPE GROUP. I experienced the same problem as other reviewers with the pie being too runny. I even tried reducing the liquid, and after boiling , I received a perfect thicke...