"When the heat gets you down and tires you out, what you need is a long, cool drink to pep you up and cool you down. Why not make yourself a natural drink that is free of additives or coloring? Pandan leaves can be found in Asian grocery stores."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 257
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- To Make the Basic Syrup: Place sugar, 1 cup water and pandan leaves in a deep saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until sugar is dissolved. Remove pandan leaves and strain the syrup. Allow to cool for use as a basic syrup. Store the syrup in a bottle in the refrigerator.
- To Make the Cooler: In a blender or food processor, puree the pineapple chunks. Strain and reserve the juice.
- In a deep saucepan, combine the pineapple pulp, 1 1/2 cups water, cinnamon stick and cloves. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat, strain and discard pulp and spices. Allow the reserved liquid to cool.
- In a pitcher, combine spiced pineapple syrup and reserved pineapple juice. Stir in enough cooled Basic Syrup to sweeten to your taste. Chill in refrigerator.
- To serve, pour into glasses full of crushed ice.
You might also like
Per Serving: 257 calories; 0.2 66.5 0.7 0 3 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1