Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 296
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Place bread triangles onto a baking sheet and toast in the preheated oven until lightly browned and dry, about 5 minutes per side.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry bread triangles, working in batches, until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove bread with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Whisk sugar, water, and cardamom together in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until syrup has reduced slightly, 10 to 15 minutes. Dip bread triangles into syrup until fully soaked and transfer to a plate.
- Simmer milk in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat. Transfer soaked bread triangles to the simmering milk; cook over low heat until the milk is absorbed into the bread and the fat separates, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in raisins. Garnish with almonds and cashews.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also leave bread slices on a tray to dry for 12 hours instead of toasting in the oven.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 9.3 49.2 5.8 6 266 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1