Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 296
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Place bread triangles onto a baking sheet and toast in the preheated oven until lightly browned and dry, about 5 minutes per side.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry bread triangles, working in batches, until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove bread with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Whisk sugar, water, and cardamom together in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until syrup has reduced slightly, 10 to 15 minutes. Dip bread triangles into syrup until fully soaked and transfer to a plate.
- Simmer milk in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat. Transfer soaked bread triangles to the simmering milk; cook over low heat until the milk is absorbed into the bread and the fat separates, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in raisins. Garnish with almonds and cashews.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also leave bread slices on a tray to dry for 12 hours instead of toasting in the oven.
Per Serving: 296 calories; 9.3 49.2 5.8 6 266 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1