Ingredients30 m servings 264 cals
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat or have a ridged grill pan ready. For vinaigrette, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Transfer 3 tablespoons of the mixture to a pie plate or shallow plate. Stir pepper flakes and garlic into oil mixture on plate.
- (Sneak a quick dip of artisan bread into the mixture - so good!)
- Add shrimp to plate; toss with oil mixture. Thread shrimp onto metal skewers or soaked bamboo skewers. Brush oil mixture from plate over skewers. Transfer skewers to grill; discard marinade on plate. Add pineapple to grill. Grill shrimp and pineapple (or cook shrimp in a heated ridged grill pan over medium heat and grill pineapple in pan after shrimp is removed) 4 minutes. Turn skewers and pineapple over; continue grilling 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- Meanwhile, toss mixed greens with remaining vinaigrette; arrange on four large serving plates. Carve pineapple crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices; arrange over salads. Remove shrimp from skewers; arrange over salads. Top with basil.
- Skype some friends for dinner and make sure they can see your plate. Maybe they'll come and visit more often after that.
Per Serving: 264 calories; 15.4 g fat; 13 g carbohydrates; 20.8 g protein; 173 mg cholesterol; 400 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I was looking for something light, healthy and refreshing after last night's gut bomb NFL Playoffs Smorgasbord. This was exactly what I was after and what I thought we really needed but I must...
Very good. The flavors complemented each other quite well, and the prep was minimal.
We ended up pan grilling the shrimp and pineapple and it was still exceptional. The dressing is very simple to make and worked well with the pineapple and shrimp. I added a little Cajun seasonin...
I added bow tie pasta, cucumber, sweet peppers and it was awesome! Would make this again, easily. With crusty bread and some wine, a nice summer meal for entertaining.