Ingredients40 m servings 170
- Combine mint leaves, sugar, and shallot in a bowl; pound with a spoon to crush coarsely. Whisk rum and 1/4 cup lime juice into mint mixture to make a marinade. Stir lime zest into the marinade; season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour marinade into a resealable plastic bag. Add the shrimp, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate at room temperature 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and thread onto 6 bamboo or metal skewers, all facing the same way. Discard marinade.
- Cook the skewers on the preheated grill, turning frequently until nicely browned on all sides, and the meat is no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Drizzle 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice over the skewers to serve.
- Editor's Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 170 calories; 1 14 18.8 173 587 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 7
I have made these twice - the first time I made the mistake of using Malibu Rum - sounded like a good idea - WRONG! So I made them again using the correct rum and they were much better. The fa...
Very yummy and simple. It is exceedingly good chilled, as leftovers as well. You will need two limes for the zest and juice.
I now keep this pre-made marinade in my freezer for a quick fix. I've used white, coconut and spiced rum all with successful flavors, but spiced is my favorite. I usually just peel the shrimp ...
I made a major change to this, so take my review with a grain of salt. Instead of making the marinade as stated, I tossed the zest of 1 lime (not sure how much it yielded), mint, shallot, salt a...
I followed the recipe exactly as written. It was tasty, but too sugary. Next time I fix this recipe I will add less sugar.
Followed the recipe exactly. Served over white rice with a green salad and mojitos, of course! Delicious, wouldn't change a thing. Love the recipe name :)