Ingredients3 h 20 m servings 714
- Combine zucchini, eggplant, and red bell pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle salt over the mixture. Set aside to allow the vegetables to tenderize, at least 3 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Drain moisture from vegetable mixture. Brush vegetables with olive oil to coat; season with black pepper.
- Cook vegetables on hot grill until tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Toast cut sides of baguette in a toaster oven until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Spread basil pesto evenly over toasted surface. Arrange grilled vegetables evenly onto 2 of the baguette halves. Top each with sliced mozzarella and plum tomato slices; top sandwich with the remaining baguette pieces to serve.
Per Serving: 714 calories; 29.4 79.8 35.1 46 1918 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
We used bread that had a little garlic to it so we didn't do the basil pesto & used a little Famous Dave's chicken seasoning instead of pepper. Very hearty & filling.
These really are the BEST grilled sandwiches. Thank you Suzy729 for your recipe!!