Gourmet Egg Salad Sandwich
Ingredients20 m servings 445
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; crumble.
- Preheat oven broiler and set rack about 6 inches from heat source.
- Mix eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper in a bowl; fold in crumbled bacon.
- Toast sourdough bread under broiler until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Spread pesto evenly on each slice of bread; top with 1/4 egg salad mixture and spread to cover completely. Top each sandwich with 1 slice Jarlsberg cheese.
- Return sandwiches to broiler and cook until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes. Served sandwiches warm and open-faced.
Per Serving: 445 calories; 31.9 17.3 21.8 256 639 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Incredible! I accidentally mixed the pesto into the egg salad instead of following the directions (oops!) but LOVED it. My 10 year old thought it was the best egg salad she's ever had, and I a...
I cut this back as best I could for one serving. I used real bacon bits instead of freshly cooked bacon and made this an open faced sandwich using one piece of whole wheat bread instead of sourd...
The bacon made it smell and taste rancid. No one in my family didn't even touch it. So after I called dinner off, I fed it to the dog, and even she just walked away from it.
VERY GOOD We both enjoyed. Very creamy with Mayo and melted cheese on top. I used deli mustard instead of yellow and I would do again. I used 7 grain Hamburg bun and real bacon bits. Very enj...