Heather's Blueberry Chicken Stir Fry
Ingredients35 m servings 673 cals
- Place garlic, blueberries, peach preserves, sesame oil, mustard, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce in a blender; cover and blend until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat; cook and stir chicken and mushrooms until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, about 7 minutes. Stir in ginger, garlic salt, and black pepper; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Toss green onions and mixed vegetables with chicken; pour blueberry sauce over vegetable mixture. Continue cooking on medium-high heat until sauce comes to a boil, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook until vegetables are tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool for 3 minutes. Serve over brown rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook's Note:
- For a pretty presentation, serve with orange slices!
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 673 calories; 20.7 g fat; 104.4 g carbohydrates; 20.2 g protein; 29 mg cholesterol; 667 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I had this for dinner tonight and enjoyed it. I didnt have peach preserves.. used sugar free raspberry. Added more chicken. For my tastes, it needed another shake of soy sauce on top. I have lef...
We substituted mixed veggies for white onion, zucchini and cabbage. Instead of peach preserves, we used fresh sliced peaches and served it over white rice with coconut oil. This was THE bigges...
The flavor is great. The visuals are ridiculously unappealing. It ends up kind of a brownish purple. My husband had two helpings. He loved it. He just couldn't look at it.
I tried this twice and while we enjoyed it both times it just lacked that spark that spoke to us. The time we used a peach-jalapeno jam was our favorite