Roasted Red Pepper and Feta Bruschetta
Ingredients55 m servings 73 cals
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Brush both sides of each baguette slice with extra-virgin olive oil. Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler, about 1 minute per side; watch carefully to avoid burning. Remove toasted slices and set aside on baking sheet.
- Place red pepper halves, cut sides down, on a baking sheet; broil until skin is charred and blistered, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer pepper halves to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let peppers cool and strip off and discard blackened skin. Chop the roasted peppers.
- Mix chopped roasted red pepper, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, green onion, pesto, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic together in a bowl. Top each bread slice with about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and sprinkle each appetizer lightly with Parmesan cheese.
- Place bruschetta on baking sheet under broiler just until the topping is lightly browned and bubbly, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 73 calories; 4.8 g fat; 5.3 g carbohydrates; 2.1 g protein; 5 mg cholesterol; 138 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I made this for a clients dinner party, doubled the recipe and it was very well received. I used diced fresh tomatoes, not the cherry tomatoes but either way would be good. I also made my own ...