Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 35 m servings 409
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Stir yellow cake mix, 1 cup water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl until moistened; beat with a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake cake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Poke holes about 1 inch apart all over the cake with a fork.
- Dissolve strawberry gelatin in boiling water in a bowl and pour gelatin slowly over the cake, letting gelatin seep into holes. Refrigerate cake until gelatin sets, about 1 hour. Transfer cake to a serving platter and cut in half horizontally.
- Mix instant vanilla pudding mix with milk in a bowl and whisk until thickened, about 2 minutes; stir in 1/2 cup blueberries. Spread blueberry filling onto bottom of cake and place top of cake over the filling. Spread 2 cups whipped topping smoothly over top and sides of cake and arrange 1/2 cup blueberries in a square in the upper left corner of the cake for stars. Arrange alternating layers of strawberries and miniature marshmallows into horizontal red and white stripes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 409 calories; 17.8 58.2 5.6 50 468 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Coming back to review this as a solid 4 stars. I knew it would be a horrendous idea for someone like me to try to cut a cake horizontally. Thus, I made two 9" round cakes to be stacked. This way...