Rich Mocha Cake
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 5 m servings 681 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 9x13-inch pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and powdered milk. Set aside.
- Cream together shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture until incorporated. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Prick cake with a fork at 1 inch intervals. Allow to cool.
- For the glaze: In a saucepan, combine the sugar, water and instant coffee. Bring mixture to a boil, and cook for 2 minutes. Pour the syrup over the warm cake. Cool thoroughly. Prepare whipped topping according to package directions, then frost cake. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight before serving.
Per Serving: 681 calories; 29.3 g fat; 92.7 g carbohydrates; 12 g protein; 127 mg cholesterol; 249 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1